History Lesson: UFO - Enemy Unknown

History Lesson: UFO - Enemy Unknown

Postby Halluinoid » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:04 am

has anyone seen the CVG article this week? http://www.computerandvideogames.com/45 ... y-unknown/

If you were remotely interested in sci-fi or strategy in 1994 and had access to a PC or Amiga, there's a good chance UFO: Enemy Unknown was less a game to you and more a high-tech social life removal device.

Known as X-COM: UFO Defense in the US, it demanded weeks, months, whole seasons of unwavering global vigilance and crash site firefights to safeguard Earth against terror from the skies, and by the Sectoid Leader's grotesquely swollen brain, that's just what it got.

great great article, I started off with X-COM Enemy Unknown on the playstation in 1995, what a game!! :D
Halluinoid

Re: History Lesson: UFO - Enemy Unknown

Postby Grufflehound » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:45 pm

I concur. I've been playing computer games since 1966, when poker taking over from Noughts & Crosses (Tic-Tac-Toe) as the best computer game ever, was a major event.

There are four games which really made a hit on me much later in the 1990's though, Command & Conquer, Balders Gate, Final Fantasy VII and naturally, XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
I may be old but my walking frame has racing-stripes.
Grufflehound

Return to UFOET Gold