Beta tester

Moderator: Jessie Black

Beta tester

Postby mbpopolano24 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:16 am

Hey guys, when you are ready, will you need beta testers? In a related note, it may be valuable to explore early access on Steam or Desura, some other developers are making a significant amount of money releasing their games early.
mbpopolano24

Re: Beta tester

Postby NoGodExist » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:22 am

I would love for this game to come to Steam early access. I guess you guys and gals have already thought of that.
Just make sure you release it in beta state not alpha, Because alpha games get bad rep for poor quality. I loved UFO:ET/GOLD have played for at least 500 hours of game play altogether.
NoGodExist

Postby Csatrad » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:58 pm

To be honest I wouldn't play this on early access or beta beacuse in the first game the very very first time when I played it I read all the lore to each research I took my steps carefully drank in all the pop up text etc and while I was swimming in the world they created I completly enjoyed the gameplay beacuse when I throw something I know what it does and I know what are the aliens and I was fantasizing in myself that haha this is probably really painfull for them beacuse of this and that, and I was like a child who knows there is going to be a present on christmass went crazy geting a new alien even if its so op I had to get it to find out what it yields in a new research etc.

That ALL would be gone if i would just bite small parts of the game or they get changed or etc. I don't know about anyone else, but for me the lore the script the text the new events and change of battle styles was the real cream. :D
Csatrad

Postby Halluinoid » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:21 pm

understood that and agreed

some other developers are making a significant amount of money releasing their games early

how do they make money from that?
Halluinoid

Return to UFO2ET Battle for Mercury